Donor Link Japan (hereinafter referred to as the “Organization”) complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”), other laws and regulations, and the guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission. In light of the importance of users' personal information, we will properly handle users' personal information acquired and managed by our organization based on the following policy and strive to protect personal information.
1. Definition of personal information
2. Acquisition of personal information
Our organization will acquire personal information of users by lawful and fair means, clearly indicating the purpose of use in advance.
3. Use of personal information
Personal information acquired and managed by the organization shall be used within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes, and shall be used for other purposes, except with the consent of the individual concerned or permitted by law.
- 1. Examination and judgment of personal information and DNA marker link test results of people born in providing reproductive medicine, creation and management of databases
- 2. Examination and determination of personal information and DNA marker link test results of those who donated gametes, creation and management of databases
- 3. Donor link using database and DNA marker link test results
- 4. Psychological/social welfare support and genetic counseling before and after the donor link
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Our organization will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person, unless there is a valid reason such as the case permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
5. Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Suspension of Use, Deletion, etc. of Personal Information
When a user requests disclosure, correction, addition, suspension of use, deletion, etc. of personal information, we will respond without delay after confirming the identity of the user, except in cases stipulated by laws and regulations.
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the following contact point.
*If you have registered as a general member (for people born or donated) or would like to become a member, please contact us at this contact address.